So I saw these little beauties a long long time ago on the Rachel Ray Show. I used to LOVE watching her 30 min. meals back in the day. We went to a little game day party at our friend recently and I decided to give them a try…oh…my…goodness. They are SO yummy. I served them with my Homemade Ranch Dip. So so yummy you guys.
Poblano Chili ‘Fries’
• 1 1/2 poblano peppers, de-seeded and cut into sticks
• 1 cup flour, divided
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons mustard, whatever variety you like (I used spicy mustard)
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
• Salt and ground black pepper
• Preheat oven to 400ºF. Set up 3 plates on the counter; in one spread the flour, in the second beat the eggs with the mustard and about 2 tablespoons of flour, in the third combine the breadcrumbs, cheese and some salt and pepper.
• Coat the peppers in the flour, then in egg and finally in the breadcrumbs, pressing to make sure coating sticks. Roast peppers in the oven, turning halfway through baking until golden brown and crispy, about 18 minutes.
• Serve immediately.
Notes: I ended up tripling the amount of ingredients I needed for the dredging process. I’m not sure why I needed so much more than the original recipe called for. But they turned out yummy nonetheless! Also I lined the baking pans with parchment paper. It really helped to get the ‘fries’ extra crispy.